- - - How to follow František Fuka online - - -
Pro zobrazení české verze této stránky klikněte sem.
After using several different social networks and activity feeds, I decided to create my own. It allows anyone to follow me without having to create any sort of account or installing any application (unless he/she wants to). It will also keep working regardless of any company discontinuing / limiting its service. In short:
- Level 1 (n00b): If you just want to check out my activities from time to time, just visit kompost.cz/@fuxoft in any reasonable web browser.
- Level 2 (pro): If you want to follow my activities constantly, you can add the aforementioned kompost.cz/@fuxoft page to your RSS reader (for example feedly.com, but there are many more available for all platforms).
- Level 3 (expert): If you want to follow only some of my activities (e.g. "just my photos", "just humor", "everything except dog posts") use the customized webpages and RSS feeds (see below on this page).
- Level 4 (l33t_haxx0r): If you also want to socially interact with my posts, register on any Mastodon server (or install your own) and follow me (@firstname.lastname@example.org). You can then use various Mastodon clients to filter my content in any way imaginable. Note that there are also other (non-Mastodon) social platforms and apps that allow you to connect and interact with Mastodon.
- - - And now, about those personalized RSS feeds
I make an effort to dutifully label all my posts using hashtags. On this page, you can generate RSS feeds that contain only posts with selected hashtags or all posts excluding those with selected hashtags.
A few RSS feed examples:
Watch their URLs. Editing them (manually) allows you to create any customized feed or feeds according to your needs. The selected hashtag combination is also reflected in the feed title.
NOTE: Those webpages lilnked above look awful but they have only informative character. If you add those feeds to your RSS reader, you will subscribe to exactly same rich data as in the original kompost.cz feed (see "Level 2" above). "Level 2" and "Level 3" formats are identical and only differ in the post selection. "Level 2" contains all posts, "Level 3" only posts selected according to chosen hashtags. Also, "Level 3" posts have better (more descriptive) titles.
Currently, my most recent 100 posts contain the following hashtags (sorted by frequency): #film (20), #edgyhumor (19), #insta (16), #nerdy (15), #dogs (11), #czech (11), #games (10), #humor (8), #wtf (5), #japan (3), #crap (2), #google (2), #politics (2), #fog (1), #penis (1), #usa (1), #bitcoin (1), #trailer (1), #video (1), #food (1), #bch (1), #censorship (1), #music (1), #nsfw (1), #internet (1).
Some explanation for specific hashtags:
- #film - Posts about movies.
- #insta - The stuff that I previously put on my Instagram. More or less random photos, usually square format and crappy artsy filters. Because art.
- #dogs - Photos of dogs. Usually my dogs, past and present. Cute miniature dogs. Mostly also tagged with #insta.
- #nerdy - Posts meant for IT nerds, probably too esoteric for "normal people". Programming, internet, new technologies, math etc...
- #games - Posts about videogames and other games.
- #crap - Links to art that sucks (and is non-intentionally funny because of that). Usually music.
- #EdgyHumor - Posts about world being weird and cruel and people being retarded. Often with politically incorrect commentaries. Not suitable for easily offended people.
- #nsfw - "Not Safe For Work". Often combined with other hashtags.
- #MedialniMrdky - Posts about retarded magazine editors / PR employees. Mostly in Czech.
If you are interested in technical implementation of these feeds, look here and weep.